Podcasts came into our lives in a broadcast format with iPods. Later, it started to be broadcasted on many other platforms. I decided to talk about how to start a podcast on YouTube as a beginning. However, I think we must understand why people prefer this platform first and foremost. As most people prefer YouTube to find the content they want or are curious about today, beginner and professional podcasters both tend to choose YouTube to upload their podcast episodes remotely. Also, you may buy YouTube subscribers to get more views of your podcasts so they can go viral and have a larger network.
Reasons Why Podcasts are Mainstream on YouTube
Among other platforms to give a hand to anyone who creates audio content today, there are several reasons why YouTube podcasts are the most popular.
- It reaches all ages worldwide
- Going to the comments is the fastest
- It has a really powerful SEO algorithm
- Promoting related Youtube videos is incredibly easy
- It’s highly recommended by AI to get your target audience from other platforms
Quick Steps to Create Podcast Episodes
Of course, there have been plenty of challenging and proven steps since the arrival of the Youtube platform’s video and audio podcasts in the 2010s. However, to create a successful podcast, I will give you the easiest, most direct, and most useful steps to start video podcasting on your Youtube channel from scratch in 2023.
- Create a Podcasting Space
- Decide your ideal equipment – BUY or SET UP them
- Start recording
- Use editing tools/editing software
- Upload a video on Youtube
- Submit your podcast audio to an RSS feed
OKAY. Now, we can go back to the main subject: start a podcast journey on YouTube! Here is a summary of the length of lays on the Youtube channel to upload your own podcast.
#1 Create a YouTube Channel by clicking “Create a Channel”
#2 Upload an eye-catching photo by clicking Branding in “Customize Channel”
I want to show what you mustn’t do in your profile picture here. Never skip that part. This is not a place in which people come only for your voice. Whatever your podcast is about, design your podcast content, starting with your picture seriously.
#3 Scroll down to the “Content” section
#4 Click on the “Add Playlist” in Add Section
three steps left to end your journey on YouTube’s Podcast hosting platform, here they are:
#5 Name your podcast and select “Podcast” as the playlist type here and click on the “Create” button.
#6 You can now add your first podcast episode by “Add videos” button from your channel or computer files.
#7 Finally, you can “Publish” it.
As a result, I can say that there are significant and changing actions to podcasts on YouTube. Remember that you must always follow the latest news for your podcast or YouTube channel. You can go to my detailed Frequently Asked Questions part and find all the important issues based on your goals. I explained Youtube’s benefits as I mentioned before in the top reasons and the top steps above in terms of its unity with podcast content.
Frequently Asked Questions About YouTube Podcasts with the Top Tips
While YouTube podcasts are similar to podcasts on other platforms, they offer a few unique benefits that can help creators reach a wider audience, make more money, and build stronger relationships with their listeners. That’s why I needed to give the Top Tips here to help the questions more.
How can I create the perfect space for my podcast on Youtube?
There are really significant points while creating the perfect space before starting a podcast on YouTube channels. Let’s start with the major and go to the following points.
- Choose a topic: The first step in creating a podcast space is to choose a topic that you are passionate about and that you think will appeal to your audience. Being natural always
- Determine your format: Next, you will need to decide on the format of your podcast. Will you have guests on your show? Will it be a solo show? Will you have a co-host?
- Choose a name: Choose a catchy and memorable name for your podcast that reflects the theme and tone of your show.
- Set up your recording space: You will need a quiet, comfortable space to record your podcast. This could be a home studio or a professional recording studio. Make sure that you have a good microphone and recording equipment, as well as a computer with editing software.
- Promote your podcast: Once you have recorded and edited your podcast, you will need to promote it to your audience. Share your podcast on social media, submit it to podcast directories, and consider using paid advertising to reach a wider audience.
- Engage with your listeners: Engage with your listeners by responding to comments and questions and encourage them to share your podcast with their friends and followers. Advise some details about the topics you discuss in your routine. You can open live sessions for it.
What should be the equipment for my podcast episodes?
You can record your video podcast episodes in two ways. Don’t worry if you are not a youtube star, these ways are both pieces of cake. You will set up all of them in 5 minutes and you don’t need specific equipment for the audio podcast we get used to (such as a perfect microphone or a perfectly soft or eye-catching background for the audience type, etc.)
Remote Recording Tools
Using them is awesome for in-person interviews and adding separate audio files or demonstrating an affiliate link to them doesn’t require professional recording software. Uploading videos for your podcast episode can be so much fun in this way. Remote recording tools are really practical to give you motivation.
In terms of getting professional for your podcast listeners on entire episodes in the near future, you can initialize the possibility of completely unnecessary podcast practices on Youtube by practicing remote recording tools. For instance, you can try Zoom for free since it proved itself in the pandemic for an easy-to-be-done podcast or a Youtube channel. Its app is also supported by all kinds of computers and phones.
After you have finished your recording, Zoom provides a folder with audio files in which each participant is named. You can also avoid background noise with this application professionally. The last thing is uploading the video on your Youtube channel.
How can I start recording without professional recording software?
From now on, I would like to give totally different details about what I have said so far as I will be talking about the easiest and the best way to create a podcast on Youtube nowadays. No matter how many target audiences you need to have or already have on your solo or multi-person podcast, the best recording is definitely from your phone in the beginning but you will need again a few pieces of equipment.
Condenser and Dynamic Microphone
Condenser microphones take all the sound and voice around you in the record. It doesn’t have a self-background noise cleaner feature. However, it is the most affordable. So if you have a really quiet atmosphere to record, you can buy one. The highest price will be about 35$. If your podcasts are solo, you should definitely buy one that connects to your PC via USB.
On the other hand, dynamic microphones stay directly in front of you and record only your voice and eliminate all the noise automatically. That’s why the price is double and professionals prefer them. My personal advice as a podcaster to beginners is to start with a condenser. You will get a dynamic since you will get profit soon.
What are the safest and most high-quality options for editing tools -editing software?
There are some free options like Audacity or GarageBand. You can easily install them for FREE. You can install Audacity wherever you want but GarageBand on a non-Mac computer by using the software Wine which is also free. If it seems like a lot of work in the beginning, Audacity is better for you.
If you have a budget for your YouTube podcast, you should give a try to Adobe Audition or Pro Tools as they are really powerful and useful to catch any of your podcast audience in a short time.
However, I would like to remind anyone who wants to start a YouTube podcast channel that the greatest way to create content is video content. For that reason, your video podcast will need a good camera with the podcasting tools below.
You can use your phone’s camera after the installation of a reasonable application on your phone for your podcast video. All of the applications switch your camera to an external webcam. If you have a better camera on your camera, start with it as well as you can choose to use a DSLR. As a matter of course, you will see your first video podcasts will always create a new podcast episode.
How can I promote my video podcast or any podcast episode on Youtube?
There are several ways to promote your video podcast or any podcast episode on YouTube:
- Share your YouTube video on social media: Share a link to your YouTube video on your social media accounts and encourage your followers to watch and share the video.
- Use YouTube ads: You can use YouTube’s advertising platform to promote your video to a specific audience. This can be an effective way to reach new viewers and increase your video’s visibility.
- Optimize your video’s title, description, and tags: Use keywords in your video’s title, description, and tags to help it show up in search results.
- Collaborate with other YouTube creators: Consider collaborating with other YouTube creators who have a similar audience to yours. This can help expose your video to a new audience.
- Use YouTube’s end screens and annotations: Use YouTube’s end screens and annotations to promote your other videos and podcast episodes and encourage viewers to subscribe to your channel.
- Engage with your audience: Respond to comments and questions from your viewers and encourage them to share your video with their friends and followers. This can help increase your video’s visibility and encourage more people to watch it.
What are the easiest ways to get my audience for my podcast on YouTube from other podcasts?
There are several ways to get your audience from your other podcast platforms:
- Cross-promote your podcast: If you have a podcast on multiple platforms, you can use each platform to promote the others. For example, you can include links to your other platforms in your show notes or mention them in your podcast.
- Use social media: Share your podcast on your social media accounts and use hashtags and relevant keywords to make it more discoverable. You can also join relevant online communities and groups to share your podcast with potential listeners.
- Be in touch with other podcasters: Consider collaborating with other podcasters or appearing as a guest on their shows. This can help expose your podcast to a new audience.
- Use paid advertising: You can use paid advertising platforms like Google AdWords or Facebook Ads to promote your podcast to a specific audience. This can be an effective way to reach new listeners and increase your visibility on other podcast platforms.
- Optimize your podcast’s metadata: Make sure that your podcast’s title, description, and tags are optimized for discovery. Use relevant keywords and make sure that your podcast is easy to find in search results.
- Participate in podcast directories and listings: Submit your podcast to relevant podcast directories and listings, such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and Google Podcasts. This can help make your podcast more discoverable to potential listeners.
Are YouTube podcasts different from others?
YouTube podcasts are similar to podcasts on other platforms, in that they are audio or video content that can be streamed or downloaded and listened to on demand. However, there are a few key differences between YouTube podcasts and podcasts on other platforms:
- Reach: YouTube is the world’s largest video-sharing platform, so a YouTube podcast can potentially reach a wider audience than a podcast on another platform.
- Monetization: YouTube has a built-in monetization system, which allows creators to make money from ads, sponsorships, and other revenue streams. This is not the case for all podcast platforms.
- Video: YouTube podcasts can include video content, which can make them more engaging for listeners and can be used to supplement the audio content.
- Discovery: YouTube has a strong search and discovery feature, which makes it easy for people to find and subscribe to YouTube podcasts.
- Audience Engagement: YouTube also allows for audience engagement such as comments, live streaming, and real-time interaction which can be used to build a loyal and engaged audience.
Follow Techdee for more!