The top-health policy will work perfectly in the form of a supplement for your primary health insurance. With the help of these plans, you will receive protection when the sum assured for your immediate healthcare insurance gets exhausted. So, when you think that the existing amount for your health care policy is not sufficient or enough, opting for top up health insurance will be the best idea. These insurance plans will provide you with the additional sum assured and help you cope with all the medical expenses during emergencies with zero hassles.
What Does A Top-up Health Insurance Policy Cover?
The top-up health coverages vary from one individual to the other. But there are several things you can avail. Look below!
- Known as the best health insurance plan, the top-up health insurance policy will provide you with compensation for all the in-patient hospitalization expenses. These expenses include diagnostic procedures, room rent charges, boarding charges, doctor’s fees, nursing charges, OT charges. Other expenses it will cover are the cost of oxygen, implantation of any surgery equipment, or prosthetic device charges.
- It will also cover all the pre-hospitalization expenses 60 days before the actual hospitalization occurs.
- Expenses on post-hospitalization will also get covered for 90 days after hospitalization with immediate effect.
- Some of the top-up plans also cover expenses for organ donors.
- The emergency ambulance expenses will also get covered under this individual health coverage. But the costs will get covered within a specified limit.
- The health plan will also cover the domiciliary treatment rates.
Features Of The Top-up Health Policy
The top-up health plan comes with plenty of features or characteristics. To know what these features are, check the information below.
- You can quickly make the top-up health policy into basic health insurance.
- When parents are covered under the top-up plan, they are free to include their children within the same policy.
- No sub-limits and restrictions are applied, such as room rents, fees of medical practitioners, etc., when it comes to hospitalization expenses.
- Several of the top health plans will provide families with discounts. Indigent parents, spouses, policyholders, and children are eligible to receive discounts within a specified limit.
- The health plan provides an accessible look for 15 days, which begins right from when the policy is purchased.
- The tax benefits for the premium insurance will get paid under section 80D of the Income Tax Act.
- You can issue the policy for one year to 2 years.
- Through the top-up health plan, the pre-medical screening will not be required for a specified age group.
- You will receive a permanent renewability option through this health coverage.
- An aggregate bonus on the sum assured is also available through this health plan.
What Does Top-up Health Insurance Provide?
The health insurance top-up policies will cover most of the hospitalization expenses. But you must not mix the policy up with the rider advantages. Rider benefits or gifts, such as critical illness, hospital cash, and personal accident covers, will cover the expenses for several severe diseases. You can only buy a ride cover with the base cover, but you can easily purchase a top-up policy irrespective of the base cover.
Top-up health policies stand out as indemnity insurance plans. They offer similar advantages, just like the standard reimbursement health plan. When your basic cover reaches the threshold, you can easily fill up the claim for the individual health policy and the top-up policy together with no issues.
What Are The Benefits Of Top-up Health Plans?
When you have decided to opt for the health policy top-up cover, you will receive plenty of benefits. Some of the benefits are given below.
- When the current health insurance gets exhausted while filing for a claim, individuals will still feel peace of mind. It’s because the rest of the duration will get covered, thanks to the top-up health cover.
- You will get the opportunity to magnify your top-up coverage when you renew your current insurance policy.
- Even when you do not have the standard health insurance plan, you can still opt for the top-up policy.
How To Choose The Right Top-up Health Insurance?
Choosing the right top-up plan is an easy process. If you are looking for an affordable policy, you can avail yourself of the higher deductibles. This is something which you must put under your consideration. It’s because you will not find any duplication of the original benefits. Exclusions, such as the dental cover and regular profit allowance, will not make a difference.
These will get covered through your standard health policy. Remember to look at the waiting time regarding the maternity cover, coverage for post and pre-hospitalization costs, deductible criteria towards single illness, and many more. Don’t forget to check whether the top-up health cover provides coverage for your parents, children, and spouse.
Opt For The Best Top-up Health Insurance
Top-up health insurance policies have the power to fill up the gaps between the ongoing policies and original hospitalization. It also stands out as a feasible option for individuals covered under a group or single health insurance policy.
Follow Techdee for more!