Are you going to purchase a height-adjustable desk for your new home office? Then, you shall choose carefully because the item isn’t cheap and is intended to serve you for many years.
With a properly selected automatic standing desk, you get a number of benefits for both your physical and emotional condition:
- You get an opportunity to move more by changing from a sitting into a standing position;
- You can do some exercises even without having to interrupt your work;
- You can adjust it to keep your spine in the most comfortable position.
All these details allow you to improve your health and influence positively your emotional condition. You know what it means for work efficiency: you work better, faster, and thus, you can complete all the tasks earlier. Further, you can either take more tasks to earn more or get a better position or enjoy more free time. The choice is yours.
A Properly Selected Desk Means a Lot
To enjoy all the mentioned benefits, you need to choose a desk very carefully. In other words, you have to choose the best desk, the one that is right for you. To do so, you need to check any details. Let`s have a look at them.
- The stroke length: most lifting frames of height-adjustable desks have a standard stroke length. However, if you are shorter or taller than on average, you might need to pay special attention to this feature. Whether you are sitting or standing, the desk shall be adjusted to the height which is convenient for you. If you don’t find a proper option, consider a custom-made desk.
- The lifting power: you might ignore this feature if you use a standard working toolset that includes a computer, a paper organizer, a drawer. But if you keep a printer, or several PC monitors, or some other equipment that might increase the weight, check whether the lifting power of your potential item is enough to handle all those things. If you don’t know how to calculate the lifting power of the desk frame, ask somebody from the manufacturing company. Usually, there is always a company representative available to help in such cases.
- The noise generation level: yes, cheaper desks might be noisy. If you don’t want to get a new desk just to find out later that it becomes awfully noisy when you are lifting or lowering it, check whether the noise generation level of the frame is acceptable. Don’t forget that when you are working, you might be more sensitive to noise than when you are having rest.
Now, when the main features are checked, it is time to pay attention to some details that might be important for one person and have no sense at all for another. Therefore, check whether it applies to you and decide accordingly.
- Desktop material: it can be wood, MDF, or plastic. Desktops from MDF are the most common. They are durable, relatively lightweight, and look beautiful. That’s why they are preferred by the majority of manufacturers and users. Wooden desktops are also beautiful, durable, and look amazing. However, their main drawback is their price: they are much more expensive than any other option. And finally, plastic. Such desktops might be durable and not expensive, but many people just don’t like how they look.
- The desk size: it is important if you have to install the desk in a very limited space. Measure the available place, and check whether the desktop fits.
- The desk shape: whether you are choosing a desk for a big office space or for a small corner, you have a clear idea about its shape. For example, if you are planning to arrange your workspace in a corner, you might consider a corner-ryzer. Its shape fits perfectly even in the most limited area, and still, you will be able to accommodate there the most crucial things.
Do you have more requirements? Add them and look for the desk based on them, too. Don’t forget that a good manufacturer will offer you an option to customize your desk if you cannot find a model that complies with all your requirements.
Don’t Forget About Accessories
Even the best desk doesn’t bring the needed comfort if you don’t have the required accessories. Here, we will not mention those items that are needed for work and are standard. We would like to draw your attention to details that are frequently ignored, and they can make a difference.
A cable management system allows keeping cables ordered and out of reach of small kids and pets. It also prevents you from tangling in the cables and damaging yourself and expensive equipment. A couple of special clips if you need to arrange a couple of cables or a nice cable management snake if you need to keep in order a bundle of wires will make your workplace safer and more beautiful.
Lockable wheels for your adjustable desk might change the way you work forever. Have you ever thought of moving your desk closer to the window to observe the sunset while working? Or what about rolling it closer to that nice and so cozy-looking fireplace when it is cold and snowy outside? With lockable wheels, you can change the desk location whenever you want. Just lock the wheels to fix the desk and unlock them to move to a different place.
Add any other details to create the perfect space for you, and enjoy.
Follow Techdee for more!