In today’s age, being a security guard is more than just watching screens. It’s about being alert and vigilant, consistent and, most importantly, mobile.
This is why mobile security services are now a highly in-demand industry. Static coverage can no longer help you when it comes to your security needs, so going for the mobile option can help.
So what does a mobile security guard do? What are their roles and responsibilities? We breakdown the importance of the job and how it can help your personal and commercial interests.
What is Mobile Security?
Firstly, it is essential to understand what mobile security is. In basic terms, it is when static security (when a guard is stationed at a specific location for pre-scheduled hours) is supported by a ‘mobile’ guard that patrols other surrounding areas, offering additional coverage and protection.
So, What does a Mobile Security Guard Do then?
As such, typically, a shift includes the mobile security guard doing the following:
- Patrols the properties in a strategic and ‘random’ manner to ensure the premise is safe and secure
- Responds to any tripped alarms if activated. This can include burglar alarms, fire alarms and any 911 calls
- Answers to any dispatches from several alarm monitoring stations, such as checking on specific areas and responding to events
- Removes unauthorized personnel from the property
- Supports static officers in emergencies
- Locks up specific or important areas within the property. In most cases, this includes locations where are dangerous or hazardous materials
- Protecting the authorized person(s) on the premises
- Contacting 911 services in the event of a break-in
- Making citizen arrests against unauthorized personnel that have entered the property
In most cases, mobile security guards can aid with the following areas or businesses:
- Warehouse facilities
- Construction sites
- Office buildings
- Strip malls
- Educational Institutions
- Healthcare facilities
But there are a few key reasons why it is crucial to hire a mobile security guard.
Why Should I Hire a Mobile Security Guard?
There are only three reasons why mobile security is an important service:
1- Swift Action
If anything occurs on the premise, the mobile security guard will promptly deal with situations. They can help calm down intruders and do not look to escalate the situation. Their swift action can make a massive difference for your property.
2- Added Protection for Your Property
While static security coverage can help you with specific businesses, some require extra protection. Mobile security services offer this as you will get another protection level to ensure your property is secure at all times.
3- Known Presence on the Premise
With walking personnel on the premise, the mobile security guard provides a useful deterrence through their presence. Their uniforms and vehicles can help ward off unsafe behavior, loitering, and intruders considering breaking in.
4- Cost-Effective in the Long-Term
Overall, mobile security guards are a cost-effective way to secure properties. It can aid with in-house security guards, reducing costs. There is also the factor that you cannot put a price on protecting your property.
As you can see from the above points, hiring a mobile security guard can make a world of difference for your personal and business protection. If you wish to get top-quality mobile services, let Intercept Security Services help you protect your property. With their levels of expertise, they can ensure your business or residential property can always be secure. Check Techdee for more interesting articles.