As you already know, Ottawa video production marketing is important when it comes to helping brands improve their reach. However, if you’re a newbie to the game, then you might find it confusing to know what kind of content you should produce. But regardless of the industry, successful video content usually has one or more characteristics in common. If you know what your target audience wants out of the video content ahead of time, then you can learn to be strategic in crafting a campaign that will hit the mark with your intended audience.
With that in mind, we will talk about the different elements of video content that works. To learn more about this, keep reading.
What are the elements of successful video content in Ottawa video production?
Below are the key elements of video content that works:
The video content needs to be engaging
The best Ottawa video production content hooks its audience right from the beginning of the video and retains their interest until the end of the video. To help increase engagement and to reduce viewer drop-off, then you need to keep the following tips in mind:
- Consider going live – There is just something more exciting about content producers who engage with their audience by going live. For example, on Facebook, people spend three times longer watching live videos compared to the content that isn’t live anymore.
- Do not annoy your audience – You need to be careful with your tone when you produce content. A patronizing or obnoxious tone of voice, irrelevant rambling, and music that drowns out the narrator can cause a viewer to click the back button.
- Don’t use a misleading image or title – Nobody likes to click on a video thumbnail only to be disappointed with unrelated content. While this kind of gimmicky strategy can generate more clicks, the high bounce rates as well as the negative viewer feedback are not worth it. People are less likely to watch your videos in the future knowing that you’re only posting clickbait videos.
- Ensure that your content is user-friendly – Your videos should have fast loading times, helpful annotations or subheads, clear resolutions, and mobile-friendliness. These are all crucial in providing good user experience.
The Ottawa video production content should be entertaining
A lot of us are too familiar with that feeling of self-loathing, accompanied by hours we spend bingeing on funny videos. Videos like fail compilations, pranks, funny animals, and more, are just a few examples – and they’re never-ending!
The fact is that we all love to be entertained. You can use this to your advantage so you can spice up the otherwise-boring content, like product advertisements and most company culture videos. You don’t think you’re funny enough to pull such a video? Don’t worry. Usually, you only need a good angle.
The video should be visually appealing
There are so many easy-to-use and awe-inducing video content tools you can use today. With that said, anyone can become a producer. When we say visually appealing, it should contain the following video formats:
- Stop motion
- Video scribing
Hopefully, these can help you generate some ideas that you can use for your content.
Also, never underestimate the effects of a great soundtrack. It can positively impact your creative production. But to license music for your videos, check out some production libraries like the audio jungle and killer tracks.
The video content should also be educational
Educational video content can establish your brand as an authority, and it builds loyalty with your audience. After all, almost everyone feels a natural sense of gratitude towards brands that offer real solutions to their problems. 65% of the world population is composed of visual learners. Thus, video content is a prime channel for offering educational content.
There are different forms of educational content, and these are the following:
- BTS footage
- Case studies
- Events coverage
- How-to or tutorial videos
- Infographic video content
- Product reviews
- Q & As
For you to get started in creating your own educational content, you should get your hands on a video editing software like Adobe Premiere Elements, HitFilm Express, or iMovie.
You can also use different software for screencasting, which includes the following:
These three software apps are popular choices because they work for both Windows and Mac users.
When you discuss topic ideas for your educational content with your team, you may consider re-purposing top-performing blog posts. This allows you to save resources and most importantly, your time. You may also check out similar topics on YouTube to see if other people have already done them, and how well they performed.
The Ottawa video production content should be able to motivate
A lot of most-shared videos on social media pages quote images, inspirational hashtags, and entrepreneurial pep talks. These are proof of the popularity of motivational content, especially on visual-heavy platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, and Instagram.
Videos are an essential and effective medium for this kind of content because they use powerful imagery to influence the audience’s emotions. They also help them visualize their goals.
Here are the uses of motivational video content:
- To generate excitement before a launch
- To get people enthusiastic about using your services
- To drive shares and to expand your reach on social media
The video content should be shareable
There are so many reasons why people share content – to entertain friends, to influence others’ perception of them, or to recommend useful resources to their customer base.
If your goal is to go viral, then you might want to try these tips when creating video content:
- Create a video response to a trending video or event
- Curate a collection of video clips, and make a round-up video
- Host a user-generated video contest on Facebook or Twitter.
Getting started with Ottawa video production marketing doesn’t have to be intimidating. What’s important is the consistency of your content rather than the quantity. Pick an angle that will resonate with your audience, and commit to producing quality video content.