Making your ecommerce website more attractive for search engines requires quite a lot of manual work and time, which effective tools can greatly facilitate. Magento is exactly the platform that was created with SEO effectiveness kept in mind and currently provides powerful native functionality for those merchants who want to improve organic rankings and product demonstrations on search engines. Another bonus point for Magento online businesses: websites powered by this Magento ecommerce platform is mobile responsive and look perfect on different browsers and screen sizes.
In this article, we’ll take a close look at the built-in features offered by Magento and ways to extend its powers with additional modules and solutions, which will altogether bring a boost in relevant organic traffic.
What SEO Features Magento Offers
The Magento CMS boasts of a basic feature set for being on track to SEO-friendliness:
- Completing SEO fields with meta-data;
- Sitemap generation for better indexing by search engines;
- Canonical URLs for a top-priority web page crawling;
- User-friendly URLs;
- URL rewrites for CMS pages;
- ALT texts for image optimization;
- Google Rich Snippets;
- Integrations with Google Analytics and AdWords.
Helpful SEO Tips for Magento Sellers
- Speed up your online store. An integrated approach is important here, so take care of fast web hosting, keep everything up to date, enable caching, and a quality content delivery network.
- Upgrade your store to the recent version of Magento 2 to benefit from the latest SEO enhancements. The thing is, regular platform upgrades include SEO reworking, security patches, and other improvements you shouldn’t miss out on.
- Optimize your product images with SEO-friendly ALT tags, and make sure to include your target keyword phrase.
- Conduct keyword and competitor research regularly. Your findings could become a foundation for creating your online store SEO strategy and further improvements.
- Get the most out of customer reviews. On the one hand, it works for the sake of your SEO-friendliness, as web pages with reviews are higher ranked because of regular fresh and unique content updates. On the other hand, according to Econsultancy, it’s also beneficial for your conversions, as more than 50 reviews per product could lead to a 4 percent increase.
- Work on your content quality and constantly improve it. Do not limit yourself to improving those pages that show poor results and low SEO performance but also pay attention and update those pages that already bring the most of your organic traffic.
Magento SEO Extensions to Boost the Built-in Functionality
The 360-degree SEO solution could cover the basic needs of ecommerce merchants:
- Rich snippets & advanced breadcrumbs;
- Sitemap & index;
- 301 redirects;
- Templates for meta-data and ALT tags for images;
- In-depth analytical reports and toolbar.
This extension offers the majority of common features you may need to upgrade your online store and improve rankings, including:
- Meta-data and H1 tags that could be added to any web page and even layered navigation;
- Manual rewriting meta-data and H1 tags for any URL;
- Custom redirects;
- SEO health of any web page checked.
If you want to exclude the manual work, try the extension to properly introduce on-page search engine optimizations, site architecture, and internal navigation for higher SERPs rankings. It’s a more advanced solution than the previous one with the following list of features:
- Ready-made product & category SEO templates;
- Extended rich snippets;
- Automatic and custom redirects;
- Enhanced breadcrumbs functionality;
- Extensive SEO dashboards and analytics.
To sum up, we’d like to focus on the fact that the Magento platform features a robust native SEO functionality that could be extended without difficulty with the help of any of the solutions mentioned above in this article or with additional Magento development efforts. Another aspect we’d like to point out is that SEO is continually improving while search engine algorithms are changing, which means that you’d better stay in the loop of these changes to achieve the best possible SEO results for your brand.
If you like the article then check Techdee for more content.