League of Legends (otherwise known as LoL) sits high in the pantheon of strategically challenging games. With mesmerizing visuals and a storyline that drips action and adventure, League of Legends has gathered an extremely loyal fandom for itself.
League of Legends was initially released in 2009 by Riot and introduced as a multiplayer online action game. It is driven by elements of battle, strategy, and role-playing. LoL has been on the receiving end of considerable critical acclaim (including a BAFTA), with about 159 million active players.
But wait – Do you know what League of Legends is? If not, read on! We have covered all the basics, from LoL’s gaming objective to strategies and access recommendations.
What is League of Legends?
League of Legends is a front runner in the actual league of MOBA games. MOBA is a multiplayer online battle arena game. This aspect is a focal point for the League of Legends. The game revolves around two teams, each of which has to defend its base while actively trying to destroy the opponents.
League of Legends encourages players to draw up detailed strategies to – well, there is no nice way of putting it – crush the enemies. The game combines elements of combat strategy, fast-paced action, and a well-functioning team to guarantee a win.
Is League of Legends Popular?
The game is currently the most popular Esport. An Esport is a battle where players fight to the death but on a computer. The stats for League of Legends are unbeatable. A peak viewership of about 4 million was recorded during the League of Legends World Championship in 2021 alone.
With numbers as big as this, it is only natural for people to be curious about League of Legends. LoL continues to solidify its relevance even after a decade of existence, surrounded by brutal competition.
How to Play League of Legends?
If you have ever witnessed a game of League of Legends – it can be pretty confusing if you have no idea what is what and who’s killing who. Besides, your friend is too invested in the game to explain anything. Let them be. We will help you out. Here is how to play League of Legends:
Well, to begin with, there are about 157 champions. Each player on a team has to pick one for the game. Each champion has a set of unique traits which are extremely vital to the game. At Mobalytics, you can access a comprehensive tool that provides guides, counters, combos, and other useful information for every LoL champion. A team designs its strategies around the qualities of different champions to make the most of its strengths. Our objective is to destroy the enemy’s base or Nexus. The flow of the game is as follows:
- After the champions are selected, players place champions strategically on the map (commonly Summoner’s Rift).
- As the game begins, the champions of one team face those of the opponent’s team.
- Each player aims to eliminate the other champion to gain more control over the game.
- You can gather minions. They are programmed to attack any enemy structure, such as a turret that guards the enemy base.
- A player can gain experience points and gold by completing objectives. These points can be used to power up.
- The general goal is to destroy enemy turrets, minions, champions, and ultimately their base (Nexus).
- The game doesn’t have a time limit, so each battle continues till a Nexus is destroyed.
How to Download League of Legends?
League of Legends, though among the premium league, is completely free to download, install and set up. It is available for Windows, macOS, and Macintosh. Here is how you can download League of legends on your systems :
- Go to the official website for League of Legends.
- Look for Play for Free or Play Now options.
- Sign up to create a Riot Games account.
- After logging in, navigate to Play now > Click to download.
- Complete the download with the help of the installation wizard.
- Once League of Legends is successfully installed and launched, log into your profile.
- You can start playing League of Legends.
League of Legends VPN
While a huge chunk of the world’s population enjoys the blessing that LoL is, some are unfortunately blocked due to geo-restrictions. That might be the case for you. To access LoL from anywhere in the world, use a League of Legends VPN. A service like PureVPN not only provides unlimited access to your favorite games and series but also helps to keep your channel secure.
So we recommend you use a League of Legends VPN today to wreck – not your network’s accessibility or security – but the enemy’s Nexus.
Follow Techdee for more!