ITIL, which stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library, offers a suitable framework that helps in meeting the business needs. The professionals come across the best information technology services by studying the ITIL framework. According to conducted research, organizations with engaged employees have gained around 81% of customer satisfaction. For the past several years, ITIL Certified professional benefits various organizations of all sizes to operate efficiently. The business industries can achieve their perspective goals in a short time after following ITIL principles.
Exciting ITIL trends to look at in 2020
The upcoming trends of ITIL in 2020 will focus on some key aspects for enhancing business productivity and gaining potential customers. The companies using ITIL methodologies can focus on the security of data and top IT services. Some of the effective ITIL trends which you need to check out in 2020 include:
Automation for incident management in ITIL
All over the globe, IT services have become indispensable for various businesses. From social media platforms to cloud services, various companies use hosts of IT services. The incident process has become one of the most popular practices within ITIL.
- The leading IT companies in 2020 will try out to control the capabilities of machine learning along with the automation. It will enhance the current incident process of ITIL.
- It will not only lead to improved quality services but for high customer satisfaction as well. ITIL will enable the automation solution in 2020, which will help organizations to tackle incident management effectively.
- ITSM, which refers to the organizational processes, procedures, and specific policies are approved for implementing and supporting the best IT services. ITIL focuses on the alignment of leading IT services and serves as the most popular approach to ITSM.
- The organization can accept the ITIL 4 updated version to meet the needs of the business with the set of best IT practices.
Concentration in the Internet of Things
IoT, which stands for the Internet of Things in the coming future, will change the lifestyle and communication for the human population. Various IT organizations and other technology companies are planning to introduce IoT to their business services.
- IoT connects appliances and other devices to Internet databases, which enable the spread of data across various places. By implementing ITIL methodologies in 2020 will help businesses to control a large and unorganized system.
- It helps in ensuring IoT in a business set up to run without any complications. ITIL updated version will handle security issues and address IoT related problems within the business.
- One of the biggest highlights in Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) in 2019 was the launch of the ITIL updated version. The new version of ITIL, that is, ITIL v 4, provides the professionals with critical knowledge to use digital transformation.
- It becomes easy for the organizational professionals to promote work efficiency by adopting ITIL 4 framework.
Supported ITIL services with the adoption of AI
Since the past years, many organizations were denying the adoption of AI; however, in 2020, ITIL will allow AI deployment. The adoption of AI will lead to two major changes in the working style of professionals.
- The first one includes the automation of routine tasks, and the second one tells about the use of data analysis. Such changes will be useful for both currents as well as future industry trends.
- However, the adoption of AI in supported ITIL services can take away various jobs across the IT sector. Moreover, the deployment of methodologies identified within the ITIL framework will make business processes hassle-free in different business scenarios.
- The ITIL 4 methodologies will help in managing business issues and positioning to adopt AI tech in various business scenarios.
Promotion in customer experience
The key to making a business successful is to get top-notch customer experience. ITIL will help businesses customize their services and products as well in 2020. It will allow business professionals to meet the needs of their customers and gain their trust.
- ITIL will help organizations to deliver superior customer experience by following continual improvement models highlighted in an updated version.
- ITIL 4 will benefit the businesses or individuals that have customers to serve. ITIL’s new version will improve user experience as well as transparency by determining organizations to gain success.
Coordination of ITIL with DevOps
ITIL 4 mainly focuses on the smooth functioning of business processes and ticketing systems. Conflict resolution is carried out whenever there is a rise in a ticket through a series of steps. However, DevOps aims to automate the entire process of ITIL 4. Thus, the collaboration of ITIL with DevOps will help in solving the various challenges arising in the configuration and deployment of the management process.
The association of ITIL and DevOps in 2020 will help in making more efficient workflows. It will drive fast business solutions by eliminating any unnecessary dependency on personnel.
High employment satisfaction
Not every employee in the organization feels satisfied with their job. Those employees who feel engaged at their worksite claim that credit for their work goes to the primary motivator.
- ITIL’s updated version upholds the critical need for achieving this standardized approach and workforce engagement by following specific strategies.
- However, those companies which have not yet adopted ITIL 4 framework should start following it in 2020. The organization having happy employees can influence customer satisfaction.
- If the organizations want to achieve enterprise success in 2020, then they must go with ITIL 4 principles. By adopting cloud-based services, ITIL 4 will provide flexibility to employees so that they can work remotely.
- Moreover, it becomes easy to develop crucial business processes conducive for employee’s well-being by understanding ITIL 4 concepts.
Better security of information
In this digital era, almost every company has an online site. It is common to see the transfer of data online. However, data transferring is not free of security threats, which makes it necessary first to understand those security threats. Undoubtedly, information is essential for making business processes successful, but its security is the primary concern. The organization should focus on some possible solutions to prevent the privacy of their business information.
ITIL 4 practices will serve high information security in 2020. It will become easy for businesses to keep their organizational data secure. ITIL ISM (Information Management System) in 2020 will ensure that information security will be in complete alignment with business and IT security. Thus, ITIL 4 will prevent threats, losses, and even high potential risks within any organization.
The professionals seeking better career opportunities and great outcomes must look at ITIL trends in 2020. It will help business professionals to gain business productivity quickly.