Would you ever have thought an IP intercom system appears to be so bright? The system can adapt to different requirements and can be adapted to any building. The configuration is simple, and it uses special software to create a topology, configure the parameters and link the devices to the scanning device, ensuring error-free installation! Elevator controls, CCTV cameras, and alarm sensors can be integrated into the IP Door Entry System, allowing for a holistic and synergistic system.
But if it’s too expensive, would it be better to choose a device with an analog video signal generation and transmission system? Let’s find out.
At the dawn of its development, the video intercom market offered equipment with a system of formation and transmission of analog video signals – CVBS (CompositeVideoSignal). The technology is still popular today due to its widespread use and other advantages:
– Easy to install and configure;
– Low requirements to cable and communication line length;
– Compatibility with entryway intercoms.
But a significant disadvantage is the poor image quality, which no longer satisfies modern users, spoiled by a clear, detailed “picture” of TVs and smartphones.
What Kind Of Camcorder To Buy?
Is it safe to say what’s better to buy AHD or IP video surveillance? If you are planning 1-2 cameras and the range from the recording device does not exceed 100 meters, it is better to choose IP devices. They have more flexible functionality. If you need to install many video cameras quickly, IP devices are also preferred, as their installation is faster. To upgrade the video surveillance system, buy AHD cameras with a coaxial network. If you are going to install them yourself or your budget is limited – accept AHD. They are also preferred if you stretch the cable for a long distance to capture all reactions and fine details of events, and “freezing” the picture for a few seconds is unacceptable.
If you have several cameras, installing IP video surveillance is faster and easier because one cable can transmit a signal from dozens of devices simultaneously. If you need to equip a large area with a video surveillance system quickly, it is better to choose this technology.
IP cameras feature POE technology, which supplies power to the camera and transmits video signals over twisted pair cable, thus reducing the amount of wiring and time required to service the entire system. Their advantage is also the presence of a speaker and built-in microphone.
In any case, both technologies provide excellent picture quality instead of the outdated analog system. You can create a hybrid system where one part is based on AHD and the other on IP cameras and get the advantages of both technologies.
Basic Types Of Ip Video Intercoms
Digital video intercoms can be divided according to the following parameters:
- According to the method of control:
- Video intercoms with touch and push-button control. Also, distinguish intercoms with a receiver and a system of Hands-Free.
- By type of connection: data transmission can be via a network cable, Wi-Fi, or you can do both.
- The number of subscribers. DEPENDING ON THE REQUIREMENTS, the IP video intercom system may include single or multi-party access panels.
Advantages And Disadvantages Of Digital Video Intercom
The main advantages of the color IP video intercom include:
- IP calling models have a virtually unlimited range of operation, as they transmit data over a digital line. This is incredibly convenient, because now if you are late at work, and you have an appointment with friends with this function, you can always see who came first;
- IP calling panels give you the ability to control access to the room and open the electric lock from the comfort of any mobile device or PC;
- Consistently high-quality images from video cameras;
- Integration with modern technology. For example, with the “Smart House” security and fire alarm system;
- Built-in functions “Intercom” and “answering machine,” as well as call forwarding to another monitor;
- 3D face recognition;
- IP panels significantly improve signal quality thanks to WiFI;
- Digital intercom supports a much greater number of additional CCTV cameras and door panels compared to analog equipment;
- Recording images from cameras, not only on demand but also in case of motion detector triggering, as well as preset time;
- High-quality speakers and microphones allow you to whisper to visitors. Models with noise and echo cancellation can be found on the market;
- A high level of security systems guarantees the security of the premises. Most IP panels have built-in alarm notifications.
The System Will Record The Following Data:
- Which accessed door panels and proximity card, readers;
- Recording all the alarm messages in case of triggering of sensors (motion, smoke) in any of the tenants connected to the IP intercoms;
- Logging of all calls from the door panels to the monitors (date and time) and the door’s opening.
In turn, the disadvantages of the IP video intercom can be noted as a higher cost than the analog system. But this is undoubtedly paid off by the extended functionality of digital equipment.
Another disadvantage of the device is susceptibility to hacking due to integration with the Internet. It is not easy to install a digital intercom by yourself. Therefore, you need to spend more money to call a specialist.
Wireless IP intercom is equipped with IP camera, microphone with speaker, keyboard or buttons to call. It is connected to the local network via a standard twisted pair cable, which provides Internet access. Wireless Wi-Fi intercom requires a router.
The classic version of the IP intercom uses a unique touch panel for client access, installed permanently in a convenient location for the user. At the entrance to the room sets the camera with high resolution for good image clarity.
A Little About Models
As you have already realized, there are many models of entry panels for different tastes and different purposes.
This could be the model Multi-apartment entrance panel with 3D face recognition, which is a good fit for your multi-apartment building. The model has been developed for integrations with third-party systems. It has many features like calling lift to the floor, concierge calling, automatic face recognition. Also, there are some handy features working temperature 10-inch touch screen. And best of all, it’s easy to use.
Or maybe you want an ordinary Individual entrance panel with face recognition with a very simple and modern design and a 2-megapixel camera and a piezoelectric call button.
Hurry up, make your choice and start living in the modern world of simple technology!
Follow Techdee for more!
Leave a Reply