If you are a business owner searching for an online business formation service to help you start your Limited Liability Company (LLC), there is a high chance that you’ve come across Incfile and LegalZoom. However, you might not be sure which is the better choice because both have their own pros and cons.
Lucky for you, this is the right place to learn about Incfile vs LegalZoom and understand which one you should pick to help form your LLC. At the end of this guide, you should be able to make a more informed decision on which one you should pick. Without further ado, let’s have a look at each service and some of its notable features. In most cases, before starting a new business, it is normal to first determine the most suitable structure and then proceed with incorporation. You can learn more here about starting your own LLC. Remember, choosing the best state can help you with taxation and various other aspects so spend a bit of time researching the best options.
The main goal of Incfile is to help business owners form their businesses and they aim to do so as quickly as possible no matter what state their customer is in. Incfile also provides unlimited name searches to ensure that the name of your business is one of a kind.
Using Incfile means you don’t need to find a registered agent because Incfile will act as the registered agent for your business. Their services also include filing a trademark if you go for the trademark registration package, allowing you to search for existing trademarks, have access to legal counsel and have the preparation and filing of a trademark application taken care of.
The fees for a registered agent are free for the first year and costs $119 per year after that. If you are a Gold or Platinum customer, you will also be offered a lifetime company alert feature to remind you of upcoming filing requirements.
As for LegalZoom, not only do they provide LLC filings, but they also include other formation services for entrepreneurs like a corporation, nonprofit, or DBA filing through their online site. LegalZoom also ensures that the documents for your business formation are done correctly and up to the state’s standards with their Peace of Mind™ review.
Besides helping you file your business, LegalZoom also offers step-by-step instructions for reviewing your LLC paperwork and getting your business running. The customer support that LegalZoom provides is available 7 days a week and you can submit inquiries through its website or make use of the online chat feature.
LegalZoom provides more than just formation services and you can utilize their registered agent services at the price of $159 annually. You can also subscribe to receive alerts from LegalZoom for free in the first month and $320 per year after that.
Pick Incfile if:
- You prefer an affordable LLC formation service. Incfile is one of the cheapest options available when it comes to helping business owners form their businesses. They only cost $119 per year and you can enjoy their services for free during the first year.
- You want to form your business quickly. Not only is Incfile affordable, but they also have a quick processing time where they do the filing on the next business day.
- You don’t need much help from legal counsel. If you don’t need any legal advice or any sort of legal help, Incfile will be the best pick. By paying at a cheaper price, the access to an attorney is removed, saving you some money.
- You want to be reminded before every filing. What Incfile offers that you won’t usually get from other services is that they provide a lifetime company alert feature, reminding you of upcoming filing requirements without any charges.
Pick LegalZoom if:
- You prefer having regular legal assistance. With LegalZoom, you will not only get regular legal assistance from their legal counsel, usually in the form of 30-minute phone consultations, document reviews, and annual legal compliance check-ups. LegalZoom also helps create legal forms or contracts and they have over 100 legal forms available.
- You want to do more than just file an LLC. Other than the basic filing services, LegalZoom also provides other services like trademark, copyright, and patent filing.
- You are not in a rush and have a flexible budget. The processing time of LegalZoom is 30 business days and it also costs more than Incfile by a significant amount.
Based on the review of both formation services that we’ve provided, it is hard to say which one is better overall. However, if you look at specific features like price or processing speed, then you will notice that Incfile has an edge, while LegalZoom can provide more legal assistance. At the end of the day, you should pick one that you feel will help you and your business the most.
Follow Techdee for more!