Every business wants to be aligned with customer needs in all aspects of their interactions with their different departments. Any poor customer experience can cause businesses, potential customers, along with decreased loyalty, satisfaction, and recommendations. To improve customer experiences, companies have shifted their focus from traditional phone systems to modern digital VoIP phone systems. VoIP features including video conferencing, live chats, and many others have brought a significant impact.
Most customers prefer a brand with better customer service. One way of enhancing customer service is to record customer service calls. With modern digital VoIP phone systems, recording features businesses can understand customer conversations and their team’s performance. In this blog, we are going to discuss how call recording can benefit businesses and better their customer services.
Best Practices for Call Recording
One of the most essential aspects of excellent customer support is call recording. However, there are some best practices that you need to follow for call recording.
- Be presentable (for video calls): to create the best first impression you have to work on how you present yourself. So, to create a good impression, make sure you dress professionally and choose a good location for the call.
- Keep customers informed: a key ingredient for excellent customer support is transparency. Your customers have to be aware of the fact that the call is being recorded. You should mention the purpose for recording the call, whether it is for internal training or process enhancement.
The Benefits of VoIP Call Recording
Call recording solutions can help you identify the weaknesses and strengths of the customers. This way, you can understand them by reading between the lines of the conversation. With a call, recording businesses can gain valuable insights and can improve the customer services strategy.
Effective coaching of teams
One great advantage of the call recording is that it allows you to provide teams with feedback on their performance. It is an excellent opportunity to help teams improve their communication skills, phone etiquette, and overall performance. Call recording can serve two purposes for employee training. First, you can monitor the audio recording to evaluate performance. Second, you can use recorded calls as learning material. Listening to recorded calls can be extremely beneficial for call center managers as they can review how employees are performing and who needs more training.
Few tips for using call recording for employees training
- Identify the gaps that exist with regard to training and whether the practices are being followed or not.
- Listen to recorded calls with agents to identify the skills that need to be improved.
- Learn customer feedback or complaints, to train agents accordingly.
- You can prepare presentations based on the call recordings to teach employees the proper way of taking and making calls.
Improved customer service
One important aspect of customer-centered companies is to observe customer representatives constantly. By recording calls of customer service representatives, you get the chance to get better insights into your customer’s needs and make better follow-ups.
How can you ensure high-quality customer services with VoIP call recording?
Recording calls can help managers review them and understand how representatives handle customer calls.
- They can observe whether the agents are following the defined protocols properly or not.
- Figure out certain customer support aspects that can be improved.
- Further, managers can save time since they don’t need to listen to every call in real-time.
- Managers can monitor all calls and search for any loopholes that require fixing.
- With a virtual call center, you can enhance your team’s motivation and efficiency to handle customers’ call with their best. That’s how you can provide better customer service.
Higher customer satisfaction
There are hidden opportunities in each customer call that can help your company grow. With VoIP call recording feature, you can understand customers’ needs. You can easily track whether your customers are satisfied or not; you can categorize the areas that bring results from those which require improvement. Call recordings allow you to monitor the quality of support provided to customers. You can listen to call recordings and identify where things went wrong and understand the context to offer better customer support.
Improved sales efficiency
When people visit your site and need assistance, then the best approach is to help them in real-time through voice and video calls. You can shorten your sales cycles effectively with VoIP video calling.
Just like audio call recording, video call recording can also help provide better assistance. You equip your team with the right tool and help them convert prospects quicker. By listening to call recordings, you can get the following things better:
- Understand your target audience’s needs and match your services or products to their needs.
- Better understand customers’ perception of your brand and aim to fill up the gaps.
- Learn the weaknesses and strengths of your services and products.
- Your sales team can take benefit from the information provided by the recorded calls to improve services and products.
Assess individual agent performance
Improvement is a constant process, and call recordings can help this process. With call recording is a tool to be used for training agents and improving their performance. Managers can listen to conversations between agents and customers to make notes to help improve customers’ experience.
How the agents’ performance can be assessed individually?
Besides managers, employees can listen to their own recorded calls and notice their shortcomings. This way, they can work to improve their future performance. By monitoring and recording calls, you can find out hidden feedback that can help further improve business. Managers can create training modules that can help in evaluating agent performance and get better results. Hence, they can determine how the agents interact with customers.
Improve regulatory compliance
Every business regardless of its size can potentially face lawsuits. A simple communication error can cause a potential lawsuit. By recording customers’ calls, your business can diffuse a lot of serious scenarios. Companies must follow methods and principles to secure the information shared during calls. VoIP call center recording feature empowers you to comply with industry, legal, and service level guidelines.
Recording customer calls can help you in the following ways:
- Retrieve missed details and prevent a potential lawsuit
- Protect business during legal disputes
- Resolve disputes with unsatisfied customers. A call recording essentially protects your business from a legal hassle.
Comprehensive client records history
While tracking detailed minutes of every conversation may seem impossible, with call recording, you can make it happen. You can analyze the call history of your customers to understand them and offer them better services. You can note all the details of customer calls to identify any nuance in the conversations.
You can better understand the call volume with the length and frequency of the calls, location, call history, and other information available in the database of recorded calls.
Manage your reputation by resolving disputes
Sorting out business disputes is another great benefit that you can get from call recording. With call recording, you have solid proof about who, what, when and whom. Sometimes, call recordings can also serve as a verbal contract between you and the callers.
For instance, if a customer claims that your company promised him a replacement of a product, then a recording can help you verify such a claim and deliver the customer a satisfactory response. Having authentic records of customer conversations can make it easier for your business to maintain its image and deal against unwarranted claims. It also helps in keeping the calls completely professional.
Capture missed or forgotten details
It is very important to listen to customers actively. Sometimes, agents have to note down things that are discussed during a call. It can at times become hard for agents to understand what they call is saying because of network issues, noisy environment, or different accents. All these things can make it hard for agents to be active listeners.
Call recordings can help you carry out the following:
- Never miss critical details shared by the customer.
- Take notes during playback of recordings
- Engage customers completely when the call is taking place.
With the evolving business world, audio and video calls have become a trend to provide effective online support. Therefore as a business owner, you must ensure that your team delivers good customer support when they interact with customers on your website. Remember, customer call recordings give you an idea of where the conversations are headed and to gain insights for communication improvement. You can also use insights to improve your products and services. Further, you can assess your teams’ performance and identify the key areas they need to focus on improving.
Follow Techdee for more informative articles.
Leave a Reply