In these times of crisis, the hunt for a job can be a daunting task. You might be overwhelmed with the experience and the struggles that come with getting your foot in the door. That’s why job seekers turn to recruitment agencies to help them with their search.
But for many job seekers, finding a top-quality recruitment agency is the real struggle. How do you find a company to help you find the job you want? It’s a job in itself and can be just as stressful, especially if you don’t know what to look for and how to find it. But it’s also an avenue to finding a job that maximizes your career.
This guide should make your hunt for a recruitment agency easier than expected.
What To Look For In A Recruitment Agency
You can’t really hunt for something if you don’t know what to look for in the first place. Consider the following factors when looking for an agency:
- Are they experts in the field you are recruiting for like Culver sales and marketing recruitment
- Experience in the recruitment industry
- Attitudes towards employee and employers
- Fee and pricing structure
- Online and industry reputation
- Affiliations and certifications
- Strong history of results
Now that you have a firm idea of what to look for, you can undertake the following process:
Ask Your Network
You are within a network or industry with many people in similar positions. So, there’s no better place to start than with your own search.
Speaking to individuals, industry experts or managers about which recruitment agency can help you get off to a positive start.
Gather Information About The Agency
Every agency works differently. Gaining an understanding of how they operate can make your life easier. Therefore, once you know who will be aiding your job search, it’s time to research the company. Try to gather the following information about them:
- Their process for finding jobs for people (do they just rack up candidates and place them in a talent pool until needed down the road? Or do they actively hunt for jobs that suit you?)
- Experience in your specific industry (some are experts in particular industries, while others, like Manpower in Alberta, Canada, can assist you in all industries and sectors)
- Their relationships with employers and employees. Speak to other job hunters like yourself and managers to gain an insightful perspective on them.
- What’s their fee structure like? Remember that while you might not pay for the recruitment, the client (the employer) will be. How does that impact your job, salary, and hiring process?
- Their resume process (an industry-leading agency will help you refine your resume, target it to each job and finalize your full application package, which should also include your cover letter, salary requests, and so forth). See what you get as part of their detail.
Double-Check Their Rep
Thanks to the Internet, you can get a deeper insight into the agency and how they work. Read reviews, read website testimonials, and search sites like Glassdoor to see what their employees have to say about their experience with them.
From there, double-check with your sources and industry insiders about working with them. Get as many references (including the agency itself) that provide you with an overall experience of working with them.
If you get an overall positive impression, you’ll probably know they’re going to look after them.
Speak To Them
Nothing is going to help more than speaking directly to the recruitment agency. Ask them all the key questions you want to know about their process and learn about their structure and approach. If you are happy with them, let them handle your job seeking for you!
If not, don’t stress. Just jump back to the drawing board and start the process again. Be sure to follow these steps for the best results in your recruitment agency search! Happy job hunting and do check Techdee for more articles!