A question that boggles many people after a close brush or a deadly encounter with other vehicles on the road, why should you hire an experienced St. Petersburg Car Accident Lawyer, has very easy answers.
Insurance Companies As Business
Auto insurance companies are too smart and seasoned, knowing fully well the tricks of the trade. Remember, insurance companies are business entities. They are here for a purpose – to earn revenues and profits. They are certainly not here for charity. And, their earnings come for the premium that the insured pay. So, if you put up a claim, paying you an amount will eat into their earnings and profit margins. At the same time, they also need to pay if a claim is justified. So, insurance companies take the midway – they will negotiate hard with you so that the payout is minimal. They have the best of professionals on board to help through the entire process.
Settlement For Cases
Compared to this, you are all alone. All on your own. How do you think you will get a justified claim settlement without the experience or the knowledge to match with that of the insurance company and its team of attorneys. It is the foremost reason you need to hire a licensed St. Petersburg car accident lawyer and the best in the industry. You need a team of lawyers who can do justice to your case – so, you need to look and search for the best one in St. Petersburg.
Here Are Some Of The Tricks That The Insurance Company Will Try:
Hiring a lawyer entails lots of expenses – yes, but the kind of settlement you will get is far more substantial than what you would get without a lawyer by your side. The insurance company’s team adjusters and attorneys will use many professional tricks to stop you from getting a justified claim. Here are some of the tricks that the insurance company will try:
- Use different tactics to delay the claim settlement process.
- Tell you that they are not liable to pay for your medical bills.
- They will not acknowledge all the medical bills that you have gathered. The insurance company will pick two or three bills and tell you that they can get maximum for these bills.
- They will insert the Causation Defense. It means that they will tell you that your injuries are not because of the accident and that they have existed even before the accident.
- They will be very nice and friendly on your face to divert your attention from the accident, the injuries, and the damages. In this context, if you give a statement, they will use it against you to prove that the accident was not a major one – taking advantage of your kindness.
- Pressurize you to record a statement. A qualified St. Petersburg car accident lawyer will tell you not to do so, especially in the absence of a lawyer. You might tend to say something that the insurance company might twist in their favor.
The best way to avoid all of this is to have a trusted lawyer by your side.
Follow Techdee for more articles.