What can a reliable ORM service do to help a business deal with what every customer has to say about a product or a service?
Online reviews have been a major source of information for many businesses in determining the next best step to improve aspects of their business that need to be focused on. It is a crucial determiner of how long a business can sustain its profitability.
What can a business do to improve its reputation online, considering that every customer has its own needs and behavior? This article focuses on the important aspects of online reputation management that should provide the answer to this question.
What Are The Best Strategies to Manage Online Reputation?
There will always be an unhappy customer. It’s inevitable to get reviews saying that the customer was not satisfied. Sometimes, it can be fixed with a short explanation. Other times, it gets stressful and complicated.
Rule of thumb in ORM: be proactive. Being proactive means not being reactive. Online reputation management is not solely focused on dealing with negative feedback you get online, but also prevents this from happening. Here’s how to be more proactive in managing your online reputation to reduce the impact of not-so-good reviews:
- Develop your online presence by not neglecting the website that you have built. Work with SEO agencies so that your website will always perform at its optimum. Google always updates its algorithms, so your website should always be updated with the latest trends in search.
- Build your social media platforms and handle them professionally. This will allow you to broaden your presence on the internet, making you more searchable by your potential customers. Use social media to expand your reach, but make sure that you pay attention to what is happening on each of your social media accounts as well. Interact with current and potential customers regularly and provide your accounts with captivating and relevant content.
- If you have multiple brands and products, make sure that you are recognized on the internet for these brands and products. Claim ownership and link them to your business web presence and social media platforms.
- Protect your key employees if you own a business in the service industry, like a health facility, a hair salon, a medical clinic, or a dental office. People will more often ask, “Who do you go to?” in this type of industry, so make sure that you create a professional and trusted image of your key employees on your website and social media platforms.
- Effectively respond to online reviews regardless of whether it’s positive or negative feedback. Remember that 86% of customers read online reviews before deciding to make a purchase, according to the 2018 Local Consumer Review Survey. You can ask your customers politely to leave feedback for you on your local Google My Business and social media pages. Provide genuine solutions and respond quickly to any negative feedback you receive online.
- Always treat your customers with respect by listening to what they need in the feedback that they give. Address all the issues that may come from any customer professionally. Let them know how much you sincerely value their feedback.
- Invest time and money in ORM so that you can move forward more effectively and quickly. ORM requires lots of work and time because you will have to stay online all the time and be able to respond to customer feedback as often and as promptly as you can. If you don’t have the luxury of time to do all the work, hire a professional SEO or digital agency to do it for you.
What Does Online Reputation Management Include?
There’s a lot of work that needs to be done if you want to be successful in ORM. The tactics that ORM companies use can include:
- Monitoring how a brand is mentioned online and providing immediate thoughtful responses.
- Creating content linking to high authority sites.
- Search engine optimization through keyword search.
- Optimizing social media sites
- Dealing with complaints from customers by removing negative content
- Promote positive customer reviews
- Distributing press release
- Monitoring online reputation
Facts About ORM You Should Know
Online reputation management makes sure that your site will rank higher in the search engine results pages. It focuses on increasing your brand authority online by positioning harmful content and responsibly and promptly dealing with negative reviews. All this is because of the goal of ORM to increase or maintain customer satisfaction.
Follow Techdee for more!
Leave a Reply