Microsoft Outlook is used by many businesses, and given the importance of the data stored in them, we review a tool that will assist you in overcoming any OST file issues that may arise. You’ve probably come across an OST file if you have an Exchange server or Microsoft Outlook. For those who are unfamiliar, this is an Outlook data file that is stored offline on your PC and constantly syncs with the Exchange server when a connection is available.
EdbMails OST to PST converter is a qualified and highly recommended software that converts OST files to PST format. With 100 percent precision and accuracy, the tool granularly extracts mailbox data from OST files, including emails with attachments, calendars, contacts, journals, etc., and exports it to PST format. It does not update or modify any of the file’s contents including mail formatting.
When a user profile or mailbox is removed from an Exchange server and there is no backup, the software can restore mailbox data from an OST file. It can also be used to move Outlook OST files to another PC and restore deleted mailbox items. Read on for a full review of the software.
Benefits Of Using EdbMails OST To PST Converter Software
This tool allows you to recover, retrieve, and repair your damaged OST files as well as convert them to PST format in a speedy and safe manner. Furthermore, the application offers conversion into a variety of other file formats such as EML, MHT, and HTML to save your recovered files. Not only does EdbMails restore and repair damaged and corrupted OST files, but it also recovers Exchange mailboxes thathttps://www.techdee.com/photo-editing-software-for-photographers/ have been accidentally deleted.
The entire OST to PST conversion procedure is straightforward and quick. Simply choose the damaged and corrupted files, as well as their attachments, and let the EdbMails OST to PST Converter software handle the rest. You can convert whole mailboxes, as well as all objects and attachments within them.
Prominent Features Of The EdbMails OST To PST Software
In this section, we quickly go over some of the software’s key features before moving on to its use case scenarios.
- EdbMails can definitely be called versatile since it allows the export of different mail items such as emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, and other data from OST files. This is quite handy if for example, you would like to convert only calendars or specific tasks.
- In times of urgencies, users will not have Microsoft Outlook to open PST files. In such cases, it becomes a quick necessity to export the contents to different other formats. This software allows you to convert Exchange OST files to EML, MHT, and HTML formats. These formats can simply be opened in any web browser you might have on your PC.
- The third essential aspect is compatibility. Regardless of the version, the software generates a PST file that can be opened in any version of Microsoft Outlook. It also supports recovering and converting Outlook OST files from IMAP, Exchange.
- Sometimes, the mail items are deleted on the Exchange server and cannot be recovered using manual methods. EdbMails other useful feature is the ability to recover and export deleted items, which can be found under Recoverable Items.
- Although there are numerous other features worth mentioning, we found the direct migration of OST to Office 365 to be particularly useful. This is a common requirement in many organizations that want to migrate to a new Exchange server or to the Office 365 cloud.
What Is The Software Specialized To Do?
- After discussing the features, we’d like to go over the scenarios in which you can put this software to use. Consider the possibility that Outlook is improperly shutting down or that you accidentally turn off your computer while the OST file is being synchronized. In such cases, the Outlook file becomes corrupted, and you will receive Outlook errors the next time you boot your PC. EdbMails can help you overcome such issues by allowing you to use the corrupted OST file and convert it to PST. After the conversion, you can create a new profile in MS Outlook, and import all of the contents back in.
- If the OST file is not synchronized with the Exchange server, it will become orphaned, rendering the OST file useless. EdbMails software can recover and convert orphaned files, allowing you to recover all of your data.
- We look at another scenario in which your computer is infected with a virus, which corrupts the OST file that is present. When you try to launch MS Outlook, you may encounter errors. EdbMails can also convert these files to PST in such cases.
How To Use EdbMails To Convert An OST File?
In this section, we will go over step-by-step how to convert an OST file to a PST file.
The first step is to download and install the tool which is pretty quick for a file conversion utility. Its ease of download and installation speed makes it very lightweight.
In the second step, you are presented with a fresh interface from where you can either log in or use the free trial version. Here we would like to highlight another interesting aspect. If you prefer to log in with a license plan, you do not need any license key, and instead, the license is tied to the email address. For using the free trial, you do not require any such details and can directly log in to the application.
In the next screen, you have multiple recovery and migration operations. Of course, using the free trial version, you can test out all these features for free. The licensed version allows for a full-fledged use of the tool. Since we are dealing with OST to PST conversion, select the corresponding option.
The software asks you to browse the OST file. Take a backup before you use the original file and feed it to the tool for recovery. It scans all the contents and displays them for you in the form of an organized tree structure. Here it is easy to view the different contents in a hierarchical fashion.
In the next step, select the contents and start exporting to Outlook PST by selecting the desired option. Make sure you browse the correct location to output the PST file and have sufficient space on your hard disk.
There is also a PST split function available before you start the export process. This is useful if you would like to split a large size file into multiple smaller chunks. If you are wondering how to merge them back, the EdbMails suite of free tools has a PST merge utility for your convenience.
The tool begins the conversion process and displays a message when it is finished. You can also view the log file by clicking the View Log button at the bottom.
EdbMails OST To PST Converter Tool Pricing Plans
There are three license editions available which are Personal, Corporate Premium, and Technical licenses. The Personal edition is a basic license that permits OST to PST conversion on a restricted number of computer installations and is suitable for small users. With a Corporate Premium Edition, the software can be used on several computers for corporate requirements making it perfect for small, medium businesses, government agencies, and educational institutions. The software’s Technical license allows for an unlimited number of installations and user locations ideally suited for Data Recovery, Computer Repair, and Maintenance companies. Unlike other products that only offer a single license plan, we can highlight that EdbMails’s pricing plans are tailored to different users and requirements.
|Personal OST License Edition||$39|
|Corporate Premium Edition||$89|
To Wrap It All Up:
In most cases, Outlook users must convert OST to PST format when they wish to transfer the file contents from one location to another. Furthermore, converting OST file data is required in the event of an Exchange server crash or unavailability. Before investing in a software solution, it is important to consider how experts, IT administrators, and real-world users rate the product. Businesses may have a wide range of requirements, making it difficult to find the ideal solution that meets all of them. EdbMails OST converter is the best option for converting orphaned, corrupted, or inaccessible OST files to PST and other formats. We tested it in a variety of scenarios and found that this tool is extremely versatile, thanks to its feature-rich options for OST file recovery and conversion in all scenarios. Furthermore, the pricing plans are tailored to specific use cases, and the product is the most cost-effective of all the tools. Many Microsoft MVPs have tried and recommended this product, and the user can have complete confidence in this OST conversion tool to convert the data effectively and without loss.
If you like the article then follow Techdee for more!