Whether it be for surfing the internet with multiple layers of security, accessing geo-restricted content on the web, or playing your favorite geo-based AR game, VPNs come in handy in all situations. It can easily spoof your geolocation with a single tap
If you’re concerned about the VPN benefits and how you can change your location with a VPN, then this article is for you.
What Is A VPN & How Does It Work?
A VPN creates a secure bridge between the user and a VPN server. It makes sure whatever activities you perform on the internet are anonymously carried out. With this, you eliminate the risks of your data being hacked or monitored.
To explain to you how VPNs work, it connects you to a remote server and assigns you an IP address to hide your original identity. It encrypts your outgoing traffic, giving you a secure and private channel from which all your internet activities are carried out.
You can use a third-party VPN service to change your actual location to a country that you prefer.
Changing Your Location with a VPN
The first you need to have is a reliable VPN service to change your location. Get subscribed to one of the trusted VPN providers (like NordVPN or Surfshark). Simply go to their website and sign up for a VPN plan. You have to provide your email and account information to get started.
Get the VPN app on your device and log in with your credentials. You can just tap the ‘connect’ button and the VPN will automatically connect you to a nearby server. That’s all!
Changing Your Location with a VPN On Computer
You can easily use this method to change your location with a VPN on your Windows or Mac.
- Choose a VPN plan of a trusted VPN provider which best suits you, then go to their website.
- Click on Sign Up.
- Fill in the required fields like email address and bank account details.
- As soon as the amount is paid from your account, you’ll receive the login credentials in your email.
- Download the VPN on your computer and install it.
- Launch the VPN and enter your username and password.
- Click on the ‘connect’ button or choose a different location of your preference.
Changing Your Location with a VPN On Phone
This method is applicable for all hand-held devices (Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone).
- Download and install the VPN app from your app store.
- If you don’t have an account, tap on Sign Up.
- Choose a VPN plan.
- Provide your email address and bank account details.
- When you’re done with the signing-up process, you’ll receive the login credentials.
- Launch the VPN app and tap on sign-in.
- Enter your credentials and log in.
- Tap on ‘connect’ or choose another region to change your location to that country.
- Open your favorite browser and access the geo-restricted content easily.
Benefits of Changing Your Location with a VPN
Although the main job of a VPN is to keep your identity and private data secure on the web, there is more to it.
Here are some more benefits of subscribing to a reliable VPN service.
Safe Access On Public WiFi Networks
Restaurants and coffee shops offer free and open network public wifis to their customers which can be risky as WiFi hackers can snoop on your phone or laptop.
Firstly, you are not exactly sure whether the wifi network is the restaurant’s or is it just an evil twin network created by some exploiter to gain access to your personal information.
To avoid exposing yourself to cyberattacks, you must use a VPN to change your location which would make it difficult for hackers to exploit or track your sensitive information.
Access Different Netflix Regions
Netflix, HBO Max, BBC IPlayer are streaming services that offer content according to the regions. They have licensing agreements with the studios to restrict movies and TV shows to certain regions of the world. Your friend from Japan may have access to a movie that you don’t. That’s where a VPN comes in.
You just have to change your region and you can access the geo-restricted movies and TV shows on streaming platforms easily.
Avoid Website Tracking
To make sure your online identity is safe, use a VPN to browse and surf the internet with complete anonymity.
Wrapping it up!
A VPN service is a requisite to maintain your online privacy on the internet. You just need a reliable and tested VPN to change your location and carry out your internet activities with complete anonymity.
There are several big names in the VPN market, but if you’re not sure which one to use, take advantage of their 30-day money-back guarantee offers and go camouflage on the web.
Follow TechDee for more Technology News!