ITIL is the framework of efficient practices that deliver the best IT services. The professionals can learn about the selection, delivery, planning, and maintenance of IT services while achieving ITIL Certification. You get a chance to get acknowledged with the requirements of business after qualifying ITIL.
According to a conducted survey, ITIL Certified professionals in India can earn a net plus salary of about 12%. ITIL Foundation Level offers various benefits to qualified professionals. In multiple industries across the world, ITIL Foundation has become an essential requirement.
Levels of ITIL Certification
Level 1: ITIL Foundation
It is the first level for qualifying ITIL Certification. Foundation course provides knowledge about the factors and generic concepts of ITIL to the professionals. The elements learned by the professionals in this level help in determining the other two ITIL Certification levels, namely, The Service Lifecycle and its stages. The professionals will obtain awareness about services delivery and ITIL support.
Level 2: ITIL Practitioner
The Practitioner course was designed in 2016. The level features effective methods necessary to learn how to implement the ITIL framework. The ITIL processes modify the knowledge of candidates with the events and conditions in the daily life cycle of the business. While getting ITIL training, you can learn some efficient features of crucial ITIL concepts. ITIL Practitioner Level covers two major areas, namely; Service Lifecycle and Service Capability.
Level 3: ITIL Intermediate
The intermediate level of ITIL is divided into multiple sections that focus on revised methods for implementing ITSM strategies successfully. As compared with previous levels of ITIL, the Intermediate level is the more superior one. ITIL intermediate level has gained a reputation across the globe and accepted in the IT sector. Thus, by qualifying ITIL Intermediate, you can seek various career opportunities or higher positions in IT. Modules under ITIL Intermediate are categorized into Service Lifecycle and Capability. The candidates have a choice to select modules in one or both categories.
The modules under Service Lifecycle include:
- Service Design (SD)
- Service Strategy (SS)
- Service Operation (SO)
- Service Transition (ST)
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
The modules under Service Capability include:
- Operational Support and Analysis (OSA)
- Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA)
- Planning, Protection, and Optimization (PPO)
- Release, Control, and Validation (RCV)
Level 4: ITIL Expert
It is for professionals who have quite experience in implementing IT practices. By qualifying Expert Level, it is efficient that professionals gain knowledge on how to execute complex concepts. Moreover, you gain knowledge of maximizing business management. ITIL Expert Level Certification is a crucial part of expertise, skillset, and experience. The qualification of the ITIL Expert Level ensures that candidates know the best practices related to ITIL approaches.
Level 5: ITIL Master
The master level includes advanced practices and comprehensive knowledge of the ITIL framework. It is the last stage for getting ITIL Certification. It provides the professionals with the knowledge of unique and exceptional methods of ITIL framework. Moreover, you get training about the high-level process for implementing ITIL administration methods. The professionals certified with ITIL Master can gain high value along with experience and expertise.
How can salary grow by qualifying ITIL Foundation with two years of experience?
In India, the salary of the professional is directly proportional to the level of certification. Higher the level of accreditation, the higher will be the salary.
|Position in IT sector||Average annual salary in India|
|Service delivery manager||INR 13,66,982|
|IT Analyst||INR 7,32,612|
|Asset Manager||INR 5,39,533|
|IT project manager||INR 14,33,472|
|IT manager||INR 10,82,029|
|Engineering Program manager||INR 18,19,880|
|Senior IT project manager||INR 18,18,560|
|Service Transition||INR 13,34,273|
|Service Operation||INR 6,10,864|
Job Opportunities after qualifying ITIL Certification
- Process Coordinator: To get this opportunity, you must have a minimum experience of two years. By achieving the ITIL Foundation Level and ITIL Intermediate Level Certification, you can become capable of process coordinator. By gaining this position, you need to ensure the business processes are conducted according to the proper plan. Some of the coordinator positions possible in ITIL include incident coordinator, change coordinator, and configuration analyst.
- Managerial Role: To become capable of this position, you must gain working experience of 8 years. The role of the professional is to ensure that service management activities are following the planned business processes. You need to manage the coordinators and make sure that the work allocated is controlled and executed correctly. Some of the managerial roles include service desk manager and problem manager.
- Consulting role: To become capable of the ITIL consulting role, you should have the experience of ten years. Along with it, you must know observational skills and problem-solving abilities. Within this position, you can notice inconsistencies in business processes and plan about optimization. It is one of the respectable and highly-paid posts across the globe.
Average IT salaries of ITIL certified professionals
Gaining two years of experience in the IT department, along with the qualification of the ITIL Foundation, helps in getting a high salary. The median IT professional salary in India is around 8 lakh, with a 10-12% increase after gaining two years of experience.
How is ITIL Certification helpful in growing career opportunities?
- The high demand for ITIL Certification in India is because of its better outcomes. The professionals qualifying with the ITIL framework can witness better career opportunities and high salaries in a short time.
- ITIL helps you to get acquainted with the best practices and related methodologies of the framework. ITIL methods are not only a systematic bit valued professionally. You can achieve high results while processing IT services with the qualification of ITIL.
- The ITIL course promotes the ability of professionals to distinguish, design, and support IT services. You can produce better business services by improving performance, productivity, and competence as well.
- It teaches professionals by giving priority to the most valuable things by following business standards. It allows the organization to focus on business priorities efficiently.
- You can increase your market value by getting qualified with ITIL Certification. The reach of the ITIL framework is not only limited to Indian IT sectors but respected globally. After achieving ITIL Certification, you can get a high preference as compared with a non-certified professional.
- By adding ITIL Certification in your resume, you can add credibility and proof expertise. The knowledge and experience gain after qualifying ITIL Foundation is beneficial for getting high success.
ITIL methodologies learned at Foundation Level helps in improving career objectives. You can implement cost methods and establish a strong base to upgrade IT service management. Moreover, professionals can produce a better customer experience by achieving ITIL Certification.
Leave a Reply