A website is essential for business these days, whether you need to set up an online store or just need a place where your customers can find information. To meet this demand, there are numerous web developers. Ukrainian developers are especially valuable in this market, as they are highly professional, and their services are cheaper. In this article, we will look at how to hire web developers from Ukraine for your project.
Search for Developers
You should broadly cover all possible options and make a list to make sure you have plenty to choose from. Let’s take a look at some of the most common resources for hiring Ukrainian web developers:
- Professional contacts. One of the most obvious and reliable ways to find a developer is to simply contact your professional contacts. Ask them if they have ever worked with Ukrainian developers they could recommend. This will not only help you find a professional for your project but will also become a reliable confirmation of the quality of his work.
- Websites for freelancers. Freelance platforms are global online communities designed specifically to provide a place for creatives and potential clients to meet and get work done.
- Professional networking sites. You can create a job posting on a site like LinkedIn. This may allow you to reach a wide range of candidates, but you will have to do the screening yourself (although many companies use automatic resume screening software). This is generally more useful for permanent positions than for one-time projects, and it also helps in finding local talent.
- Recruiting/staffing agencies. They use your terms of reference for the project to provide you with candidates to interview from their own screened list. These agencies charge a referral fee for the candidate you hire, usually a percentage of the new employee’s first year’s salary.
- Web development studios. These are fully staffed agencies dedicated to providing all the necessary services. They are typically points where clients can get everything from marketing consulting to web design and coded website development. Instead of working with one narrowly specialized specialist, clients receive a whole team of professionals. There are dozens of studios in Ukraine that cooperate with top companies in the global market.
Choose the Best Developers for Your Project
Remember that you don’t just need a great developer — you need the right person. To find one, you will need to study the portfolio and professionalism of each of the candidates.
The developer’s portfolio, of course, should look flawless. More importantly, all sample projects should be equally good. When reviewing a portfolio, go beyond the first few entries (they are often the best), but make sure your candidate has plenty of examples and they all meet quality standards.
At this stage, you should also contact the candidates to discuss the project in more detail and make sure they are interested. You can also get an idea of their professionalism and communication style. Assessing this can be tricky as it depends on interpersonal factors and your perception and intuition.
Professionalism is not only politeness. It’s about competence. Do they talk like they’ve done it before? Do they state their expectations? How clear are their terms? Do the questions they ask about your project sound insightful and profound? And finally, do they seem genuinely passionate about the project and the brand?
Factors Affecting a Developer’s Willingness to Stay with a Company
In addition to salary, the following factors also matter:
- Functional. Projects should contain a professional challenge. For IT engineers, it is important that technologies are the most in-demand, and guaranteed to have development potential in the market. The guys think about what they will do in 5 years. If the product or project that you offer for support, administration, and development, has no prospects, no amount of money will help.
- Professional community. Engineers are often willing to put up with the many imperfections of an employer if they have a great team. The better half of life is spent at work, and people want to spend this time not only productively, but also comfortably, cheerfully, and interestingly.
- Convenience and manufacturability of workflow automation tools. A light, beautiful and functional mobile version of a corporate portal is no longer a luxury. All work processes should be automated as much as possible and brought online.
How to Retain Developers in Your Company
A developed corporate culture is the key to creating a friendly atmosphere within the company and maintaining a comfortable environment in teams. Every specialist, from an intern to a project manager, should understand where the business is heading and how it correlates with personal plans.
Experience shows that material motivation is not enough. Young developers are looking for much more employment. Among the motivating factors are the absence of bureaucracy, a flexible approach to project work, and initiatives that will be heard in the company.
As a rule, Ukrainian web developers are ambitious people who quickly get to the heart of the matter and solve the assigned tasks. It is difficult for them to work on routine projects, so it is necessary to offer complex and interesting tasks every time. It is also important to monitor the development of employees and maintain the desire to learn and develop new skills.
Furthermore, it is crucial to building all processes in the company in such a way that specialists solve their problems in comfortable conditions, without overwork. For the exchange of expertise, online meetups, various intensives, and growth tools within areas, such as an architectural committee, a team leader academy or a quality service and corporate knowledge bases, show good efficiency.
Thus, it is not so difficult to find good web specialists from Ukraine. However, keep in mind that the real difficulty comes after you have hired developers. Now you have to create your product together. It doesn’t depend solely on the developer: the key to a healthy working relationship is communication and thoughtful feedback, and you may also need to put in some work to achieve a successful outcome.
Follow Techdee for more!